Friday, January 2, 2015

14 Favorite Cards from 2014

I hopped over to Leigh Penner's blog a couple of days ago and read through her 14 favorite cards from 2014 blog post. What an awesome idea! I had some time today (while watching football) and picked my 14 favorite cards from 2014. Here they are:

Autumn Blessings created for a ColourQ challenge. My collection of Stampin' Up! stamp sets sits unused at times, but this set I pull out every year. The leaves are gorgeous and a great size, plus they are easy to fussy cut. 



Hello Friend for Gossamer Blue. I was asked to join the Gossamer Blue design team, as a cardmaker, in July and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Working with an amazing group of women each month is a privilege, and the selection of products is amazing. I created this card using the November kits.



Happy Wedding Day for Retro Sketches. I also started designing for Retro Sketches last year on a regular basis. I have always enjoyed working with sketches (for both cards and scrapbook layouts), and the Retro Sketches blog is a great challenge blog. Another recent Stampin' Up! purchase and an elegant color combo.



Peekaboo: A Little Treat for You for a Mama Elephant Anything Goes challenge. I purchased this Halloween stamp set in 2013 but put it in a pile and forgot about it. I pulled it out this year and combined it with the Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies. These stamped were a challenge to color but the results are worth it. 



Many Thanks for a Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge. This weaving technique is easy, and using contrasting colors and placing the finished woven piece on a angle adds interest. Aqua, teal, orange, hot pink, and gray is another color combo I will revisit this year.



THANKS for Gossamer Blue. I am not a "messy" cardmaker, and usually shy away from spray mists, paint, excessive use of Stickles, or anything too crazy, but I challenged myself to use the Studio Calico masks fromthe September Gossamer Blue kit, with Heidi Swapp Color Shine. I'm so glad I did. The masks and mists work beautifully together. 



You are so Sweet for CAS(E) this Sketch. This Hero Arts butterfly stamp set has been well loved in my studio, ending up on several cards each year. I stamped the butterflies in Memento Tuxedo Black ink then colored them with Copic markers. I added glitter on top then slightly bent up the edges of each of the butterflies. I usually end up with glitter everywhere, despite my best efforts to contain the mess, but for this stamp set the mess is worth it. 



Thanks for a Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes challenge. More white space with pops of color and more leaves. Autumn is my favorite season and these colors make me happy.



Happy Birthday for CAS(E) this Sketch. The Button Stacks dies are such a cool product and they look awesome layered and covered in Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. 



Many Thanks for CAS(E) this Sketch. Doodlie-do was one of those stamp sets that I just had to have in 2014. Perfect for coloring, multicolored line art designs, or creating backgrounds. I've used this set a lot already.



You're the Greatest Friend for a Paper Smooches Sparks Designer Drafts challenge. There is something about this elephant that I just love, and he is turned out super cute when I paper pieced him with patterned paper from Studio Calico. 



Thank You for The Cutting Edge. Unfortunately this challenge blog is no longer active. I enjoyed playing along with them several times last year, and this card won their challenge for the week I entered. This card uses the beautiful Painted Flowers set from Altenew and my favorite butterfly stamps (again). 



Hello #ilikeyou for a Lawnscaping Clean and Simple Challenge. I purchased my first Lawn Fawn stamps this year and I am super impressed with the quality, and adorable designs.



Happy Birthday for the Papertrey Ink anniversary celebration. I am a sucker for stars, both stamps and dies. These star dies from Papertrey Ink are adorable when die cut with pink shimmer paper. 


Another year of paper crafting (and some digital designs, too) is in the books! Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME creations!! Happy New Year!! :)

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, great line-up! Hope to see a lot of this beauties in 2015. Happy New Year!

Erin said...

Thanks Tenia! Happy New Year to you as well!

Erin said...

Thanks Nicole! I hope to have a lot of projects on the blog this year. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful choice of 14 cards! So fun to see all this gorgeousness in one post! TFS [again]

Carson said...

These are all so fantastic and I love the idea for a blog post.

Megan Carroll said...

I love your cards, each one is so beautiful and I remember seeing so many of them throughout the year. Happy new year to you!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I'm so glad I could inspire you to make this post! Your cards are all so fabulous, Erin! I love your style! I think my favourite is the third last one, with the Altenew Painted Flowers and then vellum banner -- it's so gorgeous!