Thursday, February 18, 2016

Love Captured | Traditional Layout



I mentioned in this post from January that I want to start posting scrapbooking pages/layouts on my blog more frequently. My personal time (and therefor my crating time) has taken a hit this past year, but I have been creating more layouts when I do sneak away to my office for a few minutes. I took a definite break from traditional scrapbooking from 2010-2013(ish) to focus on cards and digital layouts, and frankly, I was burned out. I still took a ton of photos, which are safely stored on an external hard drive, but now I'm ready to dive back in and turn some of those photos into layouts.

This month's Studio Calico scrapbook kit, Savannah, had me panicking a little when it arrived in the mail. So. Much. Pink! And red, and peach, and gold. With two boys at home I rarely use floral paper on my pages, although I do use a fair amount of red. The patterns are beautiful, though, and I am particularly fond of the puffy alphabet stickers. I love sans serif fonts, and these tall, skinny letters are even cuter in person than on the screen. 


I started with a piece of 8.5x11 inch textured white cardstock. I trimmed the photo down to 8.25x5.5 inches and matted it on a piece of white cardstock, then adhered it to the top of the page. 



To create the bottom of the layout, I trimmed patterned paper from the Savannah kit into 8.5 inch wide strips, with varying heights. I think I ended up uses every single piece of paper in the kit! The gray strip I trimmed shorter than the other strips to allow for the title. Under the title I added the "captured" sticker. Then I added a couple of labels, also from the sticker sheet, on the photo and black and white striped paper.



The teeny tiny hearts were the perfect finishing touch. This photo is one of my favorites from 2015 and I'm happy the page I envisioned in my head translated so well onto paper.


Check back later this weekend for a card for Retro Sketches. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what a fabulous lo, Erin!!!! I also have to boys, so the colours would have had me panicking, too, but you did a great job with it!!!! Really beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!

Erin said...

Thank you so much Petra!

Cindy said...

SOOOO glad to see you back blogging!

Love the layout, the photo, the journaling...you still have "the touch" dear friend!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Awesome layout!!!